Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brigham City Temple


I don't know about you guys, but around here it's been a decent week! I've been struggling personally lately, and I'll admit that I've been pretty discouraged. Like full on, breakdown at the kitchen counter while talking to my mom kind of discouraged. Honestly, sometimes it is hard to understand why certain things happen and why the Lord's timing is the way it is. However, the Lord is truly aware of us personally and is always there to comfort us and provide us with just what we need. Which leads me to this weekend...

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to attend the Brigham City, UT LDS Temple open house. What a great experience! We piled Kerri, myself, my mom and my friend Di into the car and took ourselves a little hour roadtrip to the country. Temple Open Houses are open to any respectful person who would like the opportunity to tour a temple, and are done prior to the dedication of the temple. After the open house, the temple is cleaned and then dedicated. Because open houses are held prior to dedication, you do not need an LDS Temple Recommend to attend. 

                                         (Click here to learn more about why we build temples)

                                                     Brigham City, UT LDS Temple

No matter how many times I have been to each temple, the experience always takes my breath away. It is such a beautiful, touching experience to be able to serve our Father in Heaven and His children. It is a place for quiet reflection where we can be so close to our Heavenly Father, a place where we can ponder and remind ourselves that there is so much waiting for us beyond our earthly experience. While I am worthy to enter the temple, actually going to the temple inspires me to be a better person and to work harder to care for others. I have never known a more incredible happiness than the happiness I feel while serving in the temple.

This open house was special, because it was the first time Kerri has seen the inside of a temple. She did not grow up in Utah, and thus has never had the opportunity to attend an open house. Seeing her face as she experienced the architectural beauty firsthand was incredible. I felt the Spirit so strongly as we walked through, and I felt the promise of increased happiness for her.

Temple work is vital to Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness. It will also help you increase happiness in your life directly, as you serve faithfully. The temple has blessed my life in numerous ways, and I have had many sacred experiences in the temple that have solidified my faith in our Father in Heaven and his work, as well as his plan for us.

How has the temple blessed your life??









No comments:

Post a Comment